JOIN THE PACK!
Find out why being a dog walker at Fit Dog Theory
is the best day job on the market!
Welcome to the pack! Enjoy working solo, going for walks, having weekends and evenings off and don’t mind driving? Then this is the perfect job for you! We are looking to fill Thursdays, Fridays, and one optional day of your choice. 3-4.5 hours per day, 10-15 hours per week.
TOP 3 REASONS YOU WILL LOVE WORKING WITH FIT DOG THEORY
1) WORK-LIFE BALANCE!
NO WORK ON WEEKENDS, EVENINGS & MAJOR HOLIDAYS!
Finished with work before 2pm. 3 - 4.5 hours/day.
Good balance of sitting (driving) and walking throughout the day: driving to pick up the dogs from thier homes, taking them to a dog friendly location, trail or park for an hour outing, then returning the dogs safely to thier home.
2) STAY HEALTHY AND ACTIVE WHILE WORKING SOLO OUTDOORS
Don’t waste your life away working indoors!
Have peace of mind working outdoors, and getting exercise with the best four-legged companions in town!
3) WE WILL TRAIN YOU TO BECOME AN AWESOME PACK LEADER!
Learn how to walk 3-6 dogs in a group smoothly with confidence and ease. Cannot walk your own two dogs? Have faith in yourself! We will teach you.
Build trusting relationships and bond with your furry hiking buddies.
Learn how to take initiative with the dogs as a pack leader and protect the pack.
ABOUT THE JOB:
Fit Dog Theory has serviced Walnut Creek and Lafayette for 10 years. We specialize in on-leash group walks for friendly dogs and teach you how to walk a small pack of 3-6 dogs with ease and care. Majority of our dogs we service are small and are separate from the large dogs. We walk dogs rain or shine. You must be comfortable in environments with dirt, mud, poop, and grass. This job requires lots of walking, bending over, getting your hands dirty, and being patient with the dogs as no dog is perfect. This job requires a candidate that will not get bored or lonely working solo or sticking to the same trails and routines.
Want to see what our group walks look like? Visit: www.FitDogTheory.com, then click the ‘GROUP WALKS’ tab then scroll down to the video.
- Must be able to walk, run and can lift 40 pounds. We have a few chunky monkey’s that need help getting in and out of the car.
- BONUS if you have a flexible schedule and can temporarily cover more hours with advance notice when a team member goes on vacation.
- Good energy, great personality, easy going, stays cool under pressure, and can take direction from others well.
- Ideally, we would like a candidate that can commit to the job for a year, as dogs get attached to their walker and clients need consistency with people coming in and out of their homes.
- Must have a reliable, presentable car to transport dogs. Car must be insured, smogged, have updated tags. Must have a clean driving record. We provide you with car liners to protect your car.
- Must have at least 3 years minimum of customer service experience.
- Own a reliable smartphone. Has quick and well-written communication skills and can follow directions well. Daily communication is 95% through text.
~We look forward to hearing from you! Have a paw-sitive day!~