JOIN THE PACK!
Find out why being a dog walker at Fit Dog Theory
is the best day job on the market!
Welcome to the pack!
This job is perfect for you if you are looking for WORK-LIFE BALANCE, want to stay ACTIVE and spend time OUTDOORS.
No work during weekends, evenings or major holidays! Morning and afternoon shift only so you can enjoy the rest of your day.
10 hour weeks or 21 hour weeks are available.
Pay is $18-$19/hr.
Before applying to this job please read the full job ad.
TOP 3 REASONS YOU WILL LOVE WORKING WITH FIT DOG THEORY
1) WORK-LIFE BALANCE!
NO WORK ON WEEKENDS, EVENINGS & MAJOR HOLIDAYS!
Start work between 8am and 9am. Finish work between 12pm and 1:30pm.
Good balance of sitting (driving) and walking throughout the day.
2) STAY HEALTHY AND ACTIVE WHILE WORKING SOLO OUTDOORS
Don’t waste your life away working inside a boring office or retail environment!
Have peace of mind working outdoors, and getting exercise with the best four-legged companions in town!
3) WE WILL TRAIN YOU TO BECOME AN AWESOME GROUP WALKER
Learn how to walk 4-6 dogs in a group smoothly with confidence and ease. Cannot walk your own two dogs? Have faith in yourself! We will teach you.
Build trusting relationships and bond with your furry hiking buddies.
Learn how to take initiative with the dogs as a pack leader and protect the pack.
ABOUT THE JOB:
We specialize in on-leash group walks for friendly dogs and teach you how to walk a small pack of 4-6 dogs with ease and care. 4-5 dogs maximum for large dog groups. We have 3.5-hour shifts or 6-hour shifts, depending on if you take one pack per day or two. Candidate must be happy working outside in ALL weather conditions. We walk dogs rain or shine. Must be comfortable in environments with dirt, mud, poop, and grass. This job requires lots of walking, bending over, getting your hands dirty, and being patient with the dogs as no dog is perfect. Requires a candidate that will not get bored or lonely working solo with dogs or sticking to the same trails and routines.
- Must be able to walk, run and can lift 40 pounds. We have a few chunky monkey small pups that need help getting in and out of the car.
- BONUS if you have a flexible schedule and can cover more hours with advance notice when a team member goes on vacation!
- Good energy, great personality, easy going, stays cool under pressure, and can take direction from others.
- We ask that you only apply if you can commit to the job for one year. Dogs get attached to their walker and clients need consistency when people are going in and out of their homes.
- Reliable, presentable car to transport dogs. SUV is highly preferable for the large dogs. Car must be insured, smogged, have updated tags. Must have a clean driving record.
- Must love dogs and be patient and respectful with animals, as no dog is perfect.
- Must have at least 3 years minimum of customer service experience.
- Own a reliable smartphone. Has quick and well-written communication skills and can follow directions well. Daily communication is 95% through text.
~We look forward to hearing from you! Have a paw-sitive day!~