JOIN THE PACK!
Find out why being a dog walker at Fit Dog Theory
is the best day job on the market!
Welcome to the pack!
This part-time, morning and afternoon job is perfect if you are looking for WORK-LIFE BALANCE, want to stay ACTIVE and spend time OUTDOORS with small dogs. No work during holidays, weekends or evenings. To apply please read the full job ad and e-mail your resume and cover letter to info@FitDogTheory.com. In addition, please ANSWER THE QUESTIONS at the very bottom of this job ad in order to be considered for this position.
TOP 3 REASONS YOU WILL LOVE WORKING WITH FIT DOG THEORY
1) WORK-LIFE BALANCE
• ALL MAJOR HOLIDAYS OFF! NO WORKING WEEKENDS, HOLIDAYS OR EVENINGS!
• Good balance of sitting (driving) and walking throughout the day
• Short 3-hour days on average. (Training may be 4-5 hours the first 2-3 weeks)
• Finish work between 1pm and 2:30pm. (Training may be 4-5 hours the first 2-3 weeks)
2) STAY FIT AND HEALTHY WHILE HAVING FUN OUTDOORS
• Don’t waste your life away inside a boring office or retail environment!
• Get paid while burning calories, working solo and having fun outdoors with your team of dogs!
3) WE WILL TRAIN YOU TO BECOME AN AWESOME GROUP WALKER
• Learn how to walk a small group of dogs effortlessly
• Build trusting relationships and bond with your four-legged hiking buddies
QUICK FACTS ABOUT THE JOB IN A NUTSHELL:
> Hourly pay: $16-17 per hour. 3-5.5 hours per day. 2-3 days per week. About 9 hours per week with 3 days/wk.
> Must be available to cover other team members vacation days with ample notice given. This means covering a few full weeks out of the year.
> Area we service: Walnut Creek, Lafayette, and Pleasant Hill.
> Outdoor job: We are outside walking dogs RAIN or SHINE, in the hot summer months on green fields of grass and in the rainy cold months on cement trails. Candidate must be happy working outside in ALL weather conditions and will not get bored or lonely working solo with dogs and sticking to the same trails and routines.
> One-year commitment minimum. This is NOT a seasonal job.
ABOUT FIT DOG THEORY/ THE JOB:
We are a small professional dog walking team that serves Walnut Creek, Pleasant Hill and Lafayette, CA. We specialize in on-leash group walks for small, friendly dogs. Each day we take the pack to a dog-friendly location for one hour and take photos and videos of the dogs to send to the clients. This job is very rewarding and is best for someone looking for an ACTIVE outdoor job as this job requires lots of walking, bending over to leash dogs, pick up poo and care for the small dogs in general, as well as getting your hands dirty, and being patient with the dogs, as no dog is perfect.
• Reliable, presentable car to transport small dogs in. SUV or four-door car. Two door car will not work out. Car must be insured, smogged, have updated tags
• Clean driving record. Must have driven for at least three years minimum
• Own a reliable smartphone and know how to use it.
• Have either had or have a dog or have worked with dogs before
• Be able to pass a background check because we take our clients security very seriously
• Must love dogs!
• High level of customer service experience. 5 years minimum.
• Have an abundance of energy, great personality, easy going stays cool under pressure and can take direction from others with an admirable attitude
• Has quick and well-written communication skills and can follow directions well
• Must be able to walk, run and can lift 35 pounds (we have a few chunky monkey dogs)
• Enjoys being outdoors and walking dogs RAIN OR SHINE and is comfortable with all outdoor conditions such as environments with dirt, mud, poop, and grass
• Patient and respectful with animals, as every dog has their quirks and may not be perfect
Must include a Resume AND Cover Letter in order to be considered for employment. Cover Letter should include:
1) What city do you live in?
2) Why did you apply to this job and why do you think you would be the best candidate for this job?
3) What is your availability for the next 12 months and how it will change in the next 12 months?
4) Do you have a reliable and presentable 4-door car or SUV to transport small dogs in?
~We look forward to hearing from you! Have a paw-sitive day!~